Benefit Chatti pathiri on sale. Chatti pathal / Chatti Pathiri This video explain how to make chatti pathiri. Chatti pathiri is a layered pastry made in the North Malabar and Malabar region, of Kerala, India. Chatti Pathiri - sweet version is from Anita of Slice Of My Life.
A combination of lasagna and pie in appearance, this Alternate layers of pastry sheets and sweet custard filling, topped with sesame seeds make Chatti Pathiri rank. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria's Chatti Pathiri is rich and flavourful. Chatti Pathiri is a yummy baked delicacy which is known for its flavours and textures. You go for it heating imbue Chatti pathiri employing 18 modus operandi along with 18 together with. Here you go make hay.
ingredients of Chatti pathiri
- add 1 cups of Maida -- ..
- You need of Salt ..
- use of Water ..
- use 4 of Onion -- finelly chopped.
- give 1 tsps of Ginger -- ..
- add 1 tsps of Garlic -- ..
- This of Curry Leaves ..
- add 2 nos of chilies Green -- ..
- also of Salt ..
- Prepare ½ tsps of Coriander Powder --..
- use ½ tsps of Chilly Powder -- ..
- give ¼ tsps of Turmeric Powder -- ..
- a little ½ tsps of Garam Masala -- ..
- also ½ tsps of Pepper Powder -- ..
- also 8 nos of Eggs -- ..
- You need 1 cups of Chiken -- boneless , cooked (shredded)..
- This 1 of Ghee Oil / -- table spoon.
- use 1 cup of Milk -- ..
Chatti Pathiri is made in both sweet and savory variations. The filling depends on the variation desired. The sweet ones are made with sweetened beaten eggs, nuts and raisins, seasoned with cardamom. Heat a griddle and cook the chappathis lightly on a tawa.
Chatti pathiri program
- Mix flour with water and salt and knead into a dough like that of chappatis..
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions..
- Using a roller pin, roll it out into paper thin chappatis..
- Now cook the pathiris lightly on a tawa. (need not to be over cooked)..
- Now heat another pan,Add oil.. to it add onion, ginger,garlic,curry leaves and salt, and saute it..
- When onion is cooked add turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder and garam masala and mix well..
- Now take out half portion of the onion masala for making chicken filling..
- To the remaining portion of onion masala add 2 egg and mix well.saute well add some pepper and salt. Now our egg filling is ready. keep aside..
- Now to the remaininghalf onion masala that we kept aside add cooked chicken and mix well for 5 min. chicken filling is also ready now..
- Now for layering we need 1 cup milk, 6 egg beated, chicken masala, egg masala and pathiris..
- Now take a non stick pan, pour some oil..
- Take 1 pathiri, First dip it into milk, again dip it into the beaten egg. keep this pathiri as the first layer in pan..
- Now sprinkle half on chicken filling on top of pathiri..
- Dip the 2nd pathiri in milk and then in egg and place it on top of the filling..
- Now sprinkle the scrambled egg mixture on top of 2nd pathiri..
- Dip the 3rd pathiri in milk and egg coating mixture place it on top of egg masala and sprinkle the remaining chicken filling on it. repeat the step.pour the remaining egg-mixture on top of pathiris so that it drains on all the gaps on sides and form a thin layer on top.cook it on a low flame for about 8 -10 minutes..
- After that a heat another pan and then flip it over carefully and cook on the other side.cook it for 6 min on low flame.
- Now our chatti pathiri is ready to serve..
You can vary the size of the chappathi depending on the size of the pathiri chatti or the vessel. Chatti Pathiri to Serve Chatti Pathiri is a layered pastry made in the North Malabar and Malabar region, of Kerala State. It is made in both sweet and savoury variations. Chatti pathiri if you are not familiar with it is basically layered pastry or crepes made in the North Malabar and Malabar region, of Kerala, India. Chatti Pathiri is layered savoury pastry made in Malabar and the northern regions of Kerala.