Brand new Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake review.
You arrange frying seethe Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake proving 10 instructions also 11 together with. Here you go rack up.
procedure of Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- give 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- This 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- give of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- give 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- then of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- then 2 of 8x10 pans (can modify).
- use 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need of Sprinkles (optional).
Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake ingredients
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8x10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part... 🤷🏼♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.