Best of Tuna Mac-and-Cheese review. PERFECTION! lol Just between us though. I did swap out the mushrooms for peas just because I was in the mood for peas I also added in. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
Hi Guys, today I'll show you How to Make a Quick and Easy Dinner - Homemade Tuna Mac and Cheese. Drain and drizzle with a touch of oil to keep the pasta loose. Why buy it in a box? You work brewing pressure-cook Tuna Mac-and-Cheese applying 11 program moreover 3 together with. Here you are reach.
technique of Tuna Mac-and-Cheese
- add 2 cups of whole wheat egg noodles.
- This 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- then 1/4 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- also 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- give 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- This 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- a little 3/4 cup of frozen peas.
- add 3/4 cup of freshly shredded cheese of choice.
- then 1 can (5 oz.) of unsalted, solid albacore tuna, drained.
Try this Tuna Mac and Cheese recipe, or contribute your own. Mac and cheese out of a box isn't normally considered a nutritional standout, but when you gussy up a homemade microwave version with whole grain pasta, protein-packed tuna, and an assortment of vegetables, you have yourself a dish that won't leave you second-guessing each bite. Prepare macaroni and cheese as on package. Add tuna, macaroni, and sour cream.
Tuna Mac-and-Cheese step by step
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Once it's done, drain it and toss it lightly with olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Set it aside. In the same pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and cook until it's translucent, just about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant..
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring fairly constantly for a couple more minutes. Then slowly add in the broth and the milk while stirring to fully incorporate everything smoothly. Increase the heat to med-high. Let it come up to a low boil..
- Once it's bubbling, lower the heat back down and let it simmer until it's thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Then stir in the salt, pepper and peas. Slightly break up the tuna with a fork into large chunks and stir that in as well. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's melted in, then serve..
Tuna melts and macaroni and cheese are two of our family's favorite meals, but it can be tricky sometimes deciding which dish to make for dinner…luckily, this cheesy tuna pasta casserole combines the best elements of both dishes, filling everyone up and making them happy. A box of instant macaroni and cheese is a blank slate for a quick and easy, but more importantly, family-friendly lunch or dinner. With the help of well-loved pantry staples, you can whip up some cheesy mac that's bigger in flavor, texture, and satisfaction. Basically, Mac n' Cheese + Tuna. My family has always made it, some I never thought it was strange.