Best Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine) discount. Malay cuisine is the cooking tradition of ethnic Malays of Southeast Asia, residing in modern-day Malaysia, Indonesia (parts of Sumatra and West Kalimantan), Singapore, Brunei. Seri Muka - amazing Malaysian kuih (sweet cake) made of glutinous rice, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves. Seri Muka is a dainty and yummy dessert.
Seri Muka translates to radiant face or pretty face. So this is a pretty face cake. 🙂 I'm guessing what it's called seri muka is because of the smooth top layer it has after it has been steamed. Seri Muka also Kuih Seri Muka or Sri Muka Malay Pretty face or Kuih Salat is a twolayered dessert with steamed glutinous rice forming the bottom half a. You determine stewing fix Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine) applying 11 compound so 4 moreover. Here you are get someplace.
compound of Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine)
- then of Glutinous Rice.
- then 500 g of rice soaked overnight.
- Prepare 500 ml of coconut milk.
- This to taste of Salt.
- then of Pandan Layer.
- a little 150 ml of Pandan Juice.
- This 150 g of sugar.
- This 3 of large eggs.
- then 100 g of wheat flour.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- also to taste of Salt.
Pandan flavoured 'kuih seri muka' is made up of glutinous rice and creamy custard using coconut milk as the key ingredient. Within the Peranakan community, kuih seri muka is made slightly different as the glutinous rice is randomly coloured using butterfly pea flower. Malaysian Cuisine Malaysian Food Square Cake Pans Square Cakes Asian Desserts Asian Recipes Indonesian Desserts Asian Snacks Asian Foods. Kuih Seri Muka - Pandan Custard Sticky Rice. 'Kuih Seri Muka' is one of the more famous 'kuih' (sweet snack) in Malaysia.
Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine) separately
- Drain the rice, place it in a cake baking tray or any mold that has the similar depth. Add one pandan leaf. Mix the coconut milk with salt and add to the rice. The coconut milk should be very slightly above the rice. So watch it when you pour. Place it in the steamer for 25 mins or until it's cooked.
- Now once the rice is cooked stir well, remove the pandan leaf and press compactly on the baking mold. This is to ensure when we pour the pandan layer it does not slip through the rice.
- For the pandan layer. Add all the ingriedients and pulse in a blender. On top of a steamer, stir the mixture until it becomes thick. Then pour over the hot rice. Steam another 30 minutes..
- Cool it down before you can cut. Consume within 24 hours as it will go bad quickly. You may store in the fridge but the rice will become hard..
This Malaysian layered cake had been requested many times by our viewers. Within the 'Peranakan' community, 'Kuih Seri Muka' is made slightly different as the glutinous rice is coloured using butterfly pea flower. This pandan seri muka uses natural colours from the blue pea flowers and pandan leaves and it great to serve as afternoon snack. I do love Malay and Nonya food but I'm not familiar with their names and every time when I wanted to order the food, I usually point on the pictures from the menu or the. A Malay couple in traditional attire after their akad nikah (marriage solemnisation) ceremony.