Benefit Homemade Noodles from Hard Red Spring Wheat Berries (Soaked) on sale.
You get with it grilling deep fry Homemade Noodles from Hard Red Spring Wheat Berries (Soaked) applying 5 ingredients than 12 moreover. Here is how you pull off.
receipt of Homemade Noodles from Hard Red Spring Wheat Berries (Soaked)
- a little 2 1/4 Cups of Organic Hard Red Spring Wheat Berries (or 3.5 cups Whole Wheat Flour.
- a little 1 1/2 Tsp of Cup Pearl Tapioca (or 1/4 cup tapioca flour).
- give 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- then 2 Tsp of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- then 1 1/4 Cups of Warm water.
Homemade Noodles from Hard Red Spring Wheat Berries (Soaked) separately
- Mix wheat berries and tapioca in a big bowl. Turn on the Wondermill (or any brand of mill you have at home)..
- In less than 2 minutes, you will have freshly milled flour mix ready. If you do not have a grain mill, simply skip first 2 steps and use the store-bought flour instead..
- In a large mix bowl, mix together all ingredients. Flour mix, salt, apple cider vinegar and water. Knead your dough until it forms a clean smooth surfaced ball..
- Transfer your dough into a clean zip bag and allow it to "soak" in acidic base (apple cider vinegar was added) overnight on your counter top (not in your refrigerator)..
- Next day, cut your dough into 2 equal parts. Knead both piece of your dough and shape them into 2 balls. Use a rolling pin and roll your dough into 1/8" thickness or any thickness you desire. Dusk with flour generously on both sides of your thin layer of dough to avoid stickiness.
- Find a pizza cutter or a knife, using your rolling pin as a guide and cut your thin layer of the dough into 1/4" width..
- Loosen your noodles by hands and separate them based on the amount of each serving size. Swirl roll them a cutting board temporally..
- Arrange your noodles in a bamboo basket before cooking (or freeze them down in a zip bag)..
- One version of noodle soup--- I made pork rib broth for the noodle soup base. Simply boil 1 lb of pork ribs in 2.5 quarts of water for 2 hours. Remove ribs after cooking, season the broth with salt and fish sauce. Shred one zucchini into match sticks (3 cups) and saute it on high heat for 1 minute and add 1 tsp sea salt for seasoning..
- Cook noodles in rolling boil water for 4 minutes or taste the doneness yourself. Arrange noodles in a bowl, layer with shredded zucchini, cooked ribs, tomato and garnish with chopped green onions. (In the picture, there were lotus roots I cooked together with pork bibs).
- Second Version of noodle----I sauteed blanched pork liver slices with red bell pepper, onions, Asian chives and minced garlic. Sauce was made from mixing 1 Tsp sweet potato starch with 3/4 cup of water, 1 Tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp turbinado sugar, 2 tsp Chinese black vinegar (or substitute with balsamic vinegar). Cook until all ingredients corporate well with the sauce. While the noodle is still hot, mix together with the toppings. Finally drizzle 1 tsp toasted sesame oil and some chopped green onions for extra aroma and flavor..
- Or make a sauteed veggies mix and pour over cooked noodles..