Dependable OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 website. In Japan, the batter and toppings will differ from region to region, but the three main styles are Kansai or Osaka, Hiroshima, and Tokyo. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside.
Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) is a Japanese street food which is very popular among Western visitors who often try it for the first time in Japan. In English it is known as Japanese savory pancake. But I like to call it Japanese pizza because it is comprised of the base, the sauce, and the. You complete stewing deep fry OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 testing 20 process furthermore 12 as well as. Here you are do.
ingredients of OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】
- You need 250 g (8.8 oz) of thin sliced pork belly.
- also 400 g (14 oz) of cabbage, about 1/2 heads.
- use 6 stalks of scallion.
- add 40 g (1.4 oz) of red pickled ginger.
- You need 10 leaves of perilla leaf.
- use 4 of eggs.
- give of oil for frying.
- You need of Okonomi-yaki batter.
- then 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) of boiled water.
- This 2 tsp of Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type.
- You need 200 g of (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour.
- also 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- also 2 tsp of dried bonito powder (optional).
- You need 150 g (5.3 oz) of Japanese yam.
- add of Topping (adjust to suit your taste).
- a little of okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.).
- use of mayonnaise.
- You need of dried green nori flakes.
- This of dried bonito flakes.
- then of 1cup=235cc(USA).
It's a traditional Japanese savoury pancake that is sometimes also called Japanese pizza and is a very popular festival (matsuri) street food in Japan. There are many Okonomiyaki-ya, or Japanese restaurants that serve this delicious pancake, where you can even make your own with tables that have built in grill, or teppan. See great recipes for OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 too! Okonomiyaki o-konomi-yaki is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients.
OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 process
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc.
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside..
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it..
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour..
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.).
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces..
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly..
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick..
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side..
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat..
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!.
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking..
Worcestershire sauce Toppings Okonomiyaki sauce (or homemade recipe) Japanese mayonnaise Dried bonito flakes. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) is sometimes called "Japanese savory pancake" or "Japanese pizza", but personally, I think it's more like a dish between savory pancake and frittata. It's made with flour, eggs, tempura scraps ( tenkasu ), cabbage, and pork belly slices and topped with a variety of condiments like okonomiyaki sauce. More information Best Okonomiyaki Recipe (Osaka style) or better known as 'Japanese Pizza'. I lived in Japan for a year and a half and often went out to restaurants to eat okonomiyaki (often called Japanese pizza or Japanese cabbage pancake).