Dependable Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 special. Soft and sticky texture, one of my favourite snacks since I was a child. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food Drain thoroughly, then return to the pan while still hot and mash quickly till smooth. Add the corn or potato flour to the mush and mix well using your clean.
Place the potato filling into a mold covered with plastic wrap. If the filling is too soft, microwave it to reduce the water before placing it in the container. Hi, this may be interesting you: Sweet Potato Kintsuba Recipe (Japanese Traditional Dessert / Wagashi)! You get ready steeping sizzle Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 practicing 12 instructions furthermore 9 than. Here is how you hit.
process of Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】
- add 1 of large sweet potato, 470 g (16 oz).
- You need 50 g of (1.76 oz, 1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- a little 30 g of (1oz, 1/7 cup) unsalted butter.
- use 10 g (1/2 Tbsp) of honey.
- a little 1 of egg yolk.
- give 50 g of (1.8 oz, 1/5 cup) heavy cream.
- add 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- You need of ■For brushing on the cake.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- This 1/2 tsp of rum.
- Prepare of honey.
- use of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
I made sweet potato cakes for my kids when they were younger and they told me in their little voices, "Mommy, you're the best baker." In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Creamy and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato. Japanese sweet potatoes are much sweeter than American sweet potatoes, so they can be easily used for a dessert recipe.
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/flYdb3k2sgQ.
- Wrap a sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake it at 190℃ / 374 F for 60-70 mins (no need to preheat). Bake it until soft enough to insert a skewer smoothly..
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. (net weight; about 380g / 13.4 oz).
- Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392 F..
- Add granulated sugar, unsalted butter, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla oil in order, mix well each time until combined..
- Add heavy cream in 3-4 parts and mix well each time until combined..
- Divide it into 9 equal and use your hand to form each like sweet potato shape. Put them on a baking tray. (Depending on the water content of the sweet potato, the batter may be too soft for you to shape by hand. In that case, use a spatula or a spoon to put the batter on a baking tray and bake as it is.).
- Put egg yolk and 1/2 tsp rum in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Brush the surface of 9 pieces with the egg mixture..
- Bake it at 200℃/ 392 F for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Brush freshly baked cakes with honey (optional). It's all done!.
This Japanese sweet potato dessert is similar to a cake and has a smooth texture. Delicious, easy to make, and more nutritious than other desserts. Embrace the unique flavour of sweet potato in dessert form with this easy recipe for Japanese double baked sweet potato. Sweet Potato Pie Recipe & Video. Sweet Potatoes are used in both sweet and savory dishes.