Big Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya special. Jambalaya is a hallmark of the Creole cuisine. It is a versatile dish that combines cooked rice with a variety of ingredients that can include tomatoes, onion, green peppers and almost any kind of meat, poultry or shellfish. The dish varies widely from cook to cook.
When cooled, cut into bite-size pieces. I think turkey tastes even better than chicken in Jambalaya. It has an ever so slightly bolder, gamier flavor that really stands up well to the spices in jambalaya. You prepare boiling curry Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya practicing 14 procedure and 12 and. Here is how you do justice.
program of Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya
- add of Main Ingredients.
- then 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- This 2 of chicken breasts, chopped.
- also 1 of onion diced.
- use 1 of red pepper, thinly sliced.
- also 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- a little 75 g of Hickory Smoked Turkey.
- add 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- a little 400 g of can plum tomato.
- then of Rice and Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 250 g of long grain rice.
- add 500 ml of water for the rice.
- Prepare 1 pack of Chicken Stock.
- then 350 ml of water for the stock.
Be sure to keep this recipe in mind if you have leftover turkey. And if you don't have leftover turkey, just use chicken instead. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add celery, onion and green bell pepper and saute until tender.
Chicken and Turkey Jambalaya compound
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Leave the rice in 500 ml of water to soak up for the time being..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid and cook 2 chopped chicken breasts for 5-8 mins or until it's golden..
- Remove and set aside. Tip in the 1 diced / sliced onion and cook for 3-4 min or until soft.
- Once the onion is soften, add one thinly sliced red pepper, two crushed garlic cloves, 75g sliced turkey and one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more..
- Mix the chicken stock cubed with the 350ml of boiling water.
- Stir the chicken back in with the 400g can of tomatoes..
- Drain the water out of the rice and add it to the mix.
- Then add the chicke stock once it's fully dissolved.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, thyme or basil, garlic salt, ground black pepper, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf. Removed chicken after browning, browned jalepeno sausage and drained fat off then added veggies and sauteed. Didn't need hot sauce (probably b/c of jalapeno sausage); was delicious;-). The jambalaya is best when served directly out of the cast iron pot. While the rice is steaming, the sausage and meat will have a tendency to float to the surface of the jambalaya.