Direct Skillet Chicken Pot Pie overstock. Who doesn't like chicken pot pie? Rotisserie chicken, store-bought puff pastry, and just one skillet keep this hearty dinner recipe from feeling too fussy—or taking all day to make. If you've never worked with frozen puff pastry before, know this: Letting it thaw overnight in the fridge overnight is.
This shortcut version comes together surprisingly fast, despite tasting like something it would've taken your grandma all day to make. Traditional chicken pot pie, with a homemade crust and a slow-simmered filling, is undoubtably wonderful, but it requires the better half of an Add the chicken to the skillet and stir to combine. Unfold the pie crust and place over the top of the filling, tucking the excess edges inside the pan. You effect frying escallop Skillet Chicken Pot Pie working 15 instructions as a consequence 5 and. Here is how you make it.
compound of Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
- use 1 tbs of olive oil.
- add 1 tbs of butter.
- a little 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots diced.
- then 2 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- use 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- give to taste of Salt and pepper.
- a little 1/4 cup of flour.
- a little 2 cups of chicken broth.
- add 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- give 1 cup of frozen peas.
- This 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 8 of Pillsbury grands biscuits.
Stir until fully mixed and bubbling. Chicken pot pies are one of my favorite comfort food dishes because I grew up eating them. Back then they came out of the freezer section and were served only when my mom didn't feel like cooking, which was maybe once a month. No rolling pin is needed for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie compound
- In cast iron skillet heat oil and melt butter medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and thyme and cook until veggies are soft..
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend in flour and cook another minute..
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream stirring constantly until thickened..
- Stir in chicken, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add peas and parsley and mix well. Top with biscuits and cook in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes..
Refrigerated pie crusts give you a leg up in the preparation of this classic comfort dish. Using store-bought puff pastry instead of homemade pie crust for a chicken potpie might seem like cheating, but rest assured it's for the best, adding shatteringly flaky layers that even the best pie crust lacks. This skillet chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food perfect for cold winter nights with a golden pastry crust and loaded with creamy chicken and veggies. Easy chicken pot pie made in a skillet with a flaky, pie pastry crust! My husband loves chicken pot pie, but I've never found a recipe for it I loved…until now!