Benefit Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) on sale.
You take on steeping deep fry Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) accepting 12 ingredients furthermore 5 furthermore. Here you go take care of.
prescription of Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- use 1 lb of Chicken Thigh.
- also of Olive oil for frying.
- You need of Marinade.
- This 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- also 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- use 1 tablespoon of sake / rice wine.
- use 1.5 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- also 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- This of Batter.
- use 1 of egg.
- also 1.5 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- use 1.5 tablespoon of potato starch.
Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) procedure
- Cut chicken into cubes (cut a little bit bigger than what you like in the end).
- In a ziplock, combine all the marinade ingredients and chicken and mix it well by your hands from outside of the bag, like massaging the meat and the marinade. Rest it in the fridge overnight. (Or you can store it in the freezer until the day you cook).
- 1 hour before start cooking, add the egg into the ziplock bag and mix it well. Rest for 30 mins..
- If you prefer the outside to be fluff like a beer-battered fried fish, combine the flour and starch into the same bag with the chicken and mix well inside of the bag. If you like it to be crispy, you can combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and coat the chicken before frying; work one piece at a time.
- Deep fry the chicken; never crowd the pot! If you have a staub pot, you can fry the chicken with the lid closed on mid-high heat until the sounds from the pot gets quieter(5mins or so). Open the lid and cook 2 more mins on high heat.