Brand name Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta review. Works great with a leftover ham bone after the holidays! See cooking tips below the recipe for more info. Full of spice and flavor, great topped with cheese and chips on the side.
It's the perfect cold weather meal. I love a meal you can toss in the slow cooker and let it go for hours, without having to fuss over the pot. We always freeze our leftover ham bones to use in soups like this one. You fulfill brewing scald Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta applying 23 program so 5 along with. Here you go do one proud.
prescription of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- You need 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- a little of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- You need 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- give 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- This 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- This 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- also 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- This 1/4 cup of butter.
- give 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- use 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- also 1 of bay leaf.
- This 4 cups of water.
- give 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- then 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- This of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- add 1 tsp. of salt.
- use 3 cups of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- then 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- also of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- add of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Sort out any debris from the beans and discard. Rinse the beans and add them to the slow cooker. When serving a crowd, we put this chili on in the morning and then prepare a chili bar with toppings so our guests can help themselves! Add the meat to the slow cooker.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta one at a time
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
While the meat is browning, you'll want to dice up your onion. Add the diced onion to the slow cooker. Rinse and sort through the beans, check for any unwanted debris and discard. You're going to love this thick and creamy bean soup with smoked sausage or ham. When serving a crowd, we put this chili on in the morning and then prepare a chili bar with toppings so our guests can help themselves!