Dependable Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce site. Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the remaining oil until golden, then stir into the tomato sauce with most of the basil leaves. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain, then stir through the sauce. Divide between plates and crumble over some ricotta and scatter over the reserved basil leaves before serving.
Turn off the heat and toss in eggplant and cheese, if using. Serve this Italian masterpiece with warm Homemade Garlic Bread for the perfect weeknight meal. This dish is a perfect example of the simplicity of Italian cooking. You cook roasting blanch Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce working 8 method moreover 10 also. Here is how you get there.
receipt of Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce
- then 1 of onion.
- then 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- then 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- This 1 of aubergine.
- You need of Oil (any).
- give of Salt.
- This of Pasta.
Add tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper, tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, and wine; stir. Put into hot jars and seal. This is very good served over pasta with Mozzarella cheese. Cut aubergine into cubes and sprinkle with salt.
Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce process
- Finely chop 1 onion. Add to a pan on a low heat. Sweat..
- Finely chop the garlic cloves. Add to the onions and keep on a very low heat..
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a separate pan (I used garlic oil)..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic..
- Using the empty tin from the tomatoes, break up a vegetable stock cube and add approx 100 ml of boiling water. Swirl it around the tin to melt the stock cube. Add to the tomatoes. Let that cook gently..
- Meanwhile, cut up the aubergine into small chunks. Add to the pan with the oil..
- Fry the aubergine (it will instantly soak up all the oil). Keep moving them around so they get nice and golden..
- Add to the tomato sauce. Cook gently - the sauce should start to thicken..
- Put some pasta (enough for 2) on to boil while it reduces. If the sauce starts to get too dry, add some of the pasta water. Make sure you taste the sauce - add some salt if you think it needs it. Once at a nice consistency, turn off the heat..
- Drain the pasta and serve with your sauce! (and add cheese if you fancy 🧀).
How to make a delicious Eggplant Pasta Sauce: Cut and dice eggplant, onions, red peppers, and garlic. Once time is up, rinse eggplant and pat dry. Add in garlic, stir another minute. Serve topped with the ricotta and basil. This is guilt-free comfort food at it's very best!