Direct Nastar / Pineaple Cookies discount. The cute cookies you see in the pictures are called Nastar cookies. These pineapple cookies called Kue Nenas or Kue Nastar in Indonesian, is one of the most popular traditional sweets to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The reason they are made and consumed during this time is because in the Hokkien language «ong lain» means «golden pear» and symbolizes prosperity, fortune and luck.
They are mostly referred as pineapple tarts in Malaysia and Singapore. Some call them pineapple cakes (but they are not really cakes), pineapple shortcakes, pineapple cookies, or pineapple pastries. I looked for a recipe to use up a big can of crushed pineapple in the pantry. You arrange brewing percolate Nastar / Pineaple Cookies using 11 instructions so 3 and. Here is how you do justice.
instructions of Nastar / Pineaple Cookies
- You need 100 g of butter.
- give 50 g of margarin.
- add 100 g of caster sugar.
- then 3 of eggs.
- add 1 of fresh pineaple.
- use 200 gr of flour.
- then 50 gr of cornflour.
- also 1 tbs of salt.
- add 1 of vanila.
- add 1 sachet of milk powder.
- also 1 of royco.
The cookies were simple and turned out light just a little sweet soft and fluffy. I had never made or eaten pineapple cookies so I was very delighted! My daughter insisted on pink cookies and so we added some pink food coloring. Nastar is a small cookies filled with pineapple jam and quite simple to make.
Nastar / Pineaple Cookies modus operandi
- Puree the pineapple food processor and Boil pineapple puree sugar. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the pineapple jam is really thick..
- Prepare cookie dough. Beat together butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, one and a time, beat until well mixed. Slowly add all-purpose flour in batches into the mixture, beat until the dough becomes smooth.
- Shape dough into balls. Scoop 10 grams of dough and make a round ball. Repeat until dough is used up.
I might say that the majority of the work is on making pineapple jam. Making pineapple jam is really time consuming. It takes few hours to cook it to the consistency where you can wrap it with the dough. Nastar cookies (Indonesian pineapple tarts) Christmas is coming soon and it's time to make Christmas cookies, and this is really very traditional in my home country Indonesia, when Christmas day or Eid day coming we always make this yummy cookies. Pineapple cookies or nastar are small, bite-size pastries filled with or topped with pineapple jam.