Brand new Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) special. Salmon Croquettes are a southern classic! Full of salmon, peppers, onions and seasoning, this versatile dish is sure to be loved by all! Some might even refer to them as salmon cakes or a salmon patty, like a crab cake, but with salmon!
In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium to medium-high heat. Without crowding pan, cook patties until golden brown. Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) I was literally raised on these. You organize baking mull Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) practicing 14 procedure moreover 4 steps. Here you go do the trick.
receipt of Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes)
- then 15 Ounce of Can Salmon (well drained).
- use 1 of Small Onion (fine diced).
- then 2 of Celery Stalks (fine diced).
- You need 1 of \2 Green Bell Pepper (fine diced).
- add 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- then 1 of Egg Slightly Beatened.
- give 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- then 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- also 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Worcester Sauce.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Seafood Seasoning (old bay).
- This 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- then 1 of Sleeve Crushed Butter Crackers.
- also 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
Just my spin on what my Grandmother and Mother, to this very day still makes. Big chunks of fresh salmon are combined with breadcrumbs, herbs and seasonings and formed into patties. They can be baked or panfried. Deliciously crispy on the outside and flavorful on the inside, serve as a starter or as a light meal with a salad.
Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) technique
- Drain salmon well. Pick through and discard any unwanted bones..
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until soft. I use some butter and olive oil to do this..
- Fold in the rest of ingredients, saving the cracker crumbs and vegetable oil for last. Shape into patty's and coat the outside with the butter cracker crumbs. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up If using dried parsley, 1 teaspoon is plenty..
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Enjoy. Note: These are best eaten hot and and fresh..
How to Store and Reheat Salmon Patties. Salmon patties can be kept in the fridge and they freeze fairly well too. Individually wrap each patty and store it in an airtight container. Victoria Park Cooks is a video series of cooking demonstrations and profiles that feature five members of the Victoria Park community preparing treasured fam. Pick through and discard any unwanted bones.