Best of Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot promo. See more ideas about Lancashire hot pot, English food and Lamb recipes. Lamb Recipes, Cooking Recipes, Rabbit Recipes, Uk Recipes, Savoury Recipes, Cooking Time, One Pot Meals, Main Meals, Casserole Recipes. It's a simple meal that would have been left to cook slowly all day, ready for the hungry Lancashire Hotpot - Succulent lamb in a meaty gravy, topped with potatoes that are tender underneath and crisp on top.
Packed with goodness, tasty vegetables and layered slices of potato, this hotpot is easy on the wallet too. This is designed to be a low cost recipe. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. You succeed baking brown Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot applying 22 technique including 10 furthermore. Here you are score.
compound of Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot
- a little 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 250 grams of red or green lentils.
- add 5 medium of russet or yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- then 12 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- use 2 large of white onion.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- use 6 stalks of celery.
- add 1 medium of leek.
- This 4 large of red or serrano chili peppers, with seeds.
- This 1 large tin of diced tomatoes (3 cups).
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- then 1 small tin of tomato paste.
- use 250 ml of vegetable stock (1-1.5 cups).
- use 1 tsp of vegemite.
- This 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- also 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- give 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- then 2 large of turnips, boiled and chopped.
- This 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- add 1 cup of red or white wine.
- a little 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- use 1 tbsp of garam masala.
Add the oil and, once hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Trim lamb of any excess fat and wipe with paper towel. Lancashire hotpot is a stew originating from Lancashire in the North West of England. It consists of lamb or mutton and onion, topped with sliced potatoes and baked in a heavy pot on a low heat.
Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot individually
- Rinse lentils and dump into boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes and turnips (peeling optional) in cold water and slowly bring to boil, boiling gently for 30 minutes. Let cool before chopping the turnips and slicing the potatoes..
- Melt butter in an oven safe dish on the stove (or prepare casserole dish for oven transfer later) over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, leeks and chili peppers until slightly sweated.
- Once slightly sweated, add all spices EXCEPT the paprika and work into the dish, allowing for the spices to infuse the veggies..
- Once the ingredients start sticking slightly to the bottom of the pan, splash in the cup of wine to deglaze and allow to cook until the alcohol burns off..
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegemite, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the pot. Cover until boiling, then lower heat to low and preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Cook low and slow on the stove for 30 minutes before adding the turnips and lentils. Stir around and add the vegetable stock.
- Either dump the contents into an ovensafe dish or in the same pot, neatly arrange the sliced potatoes over the top, slightly overlapping each potato in a concentric circle..
- If necessary, add a bit more vegetable stock until it is just below the level of the potatoes. Now sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika and pop into the preheated oven for 60 minutes..
Lancashire Hotpot Pot Meals Lancashire. (or Lancashire Hot-Pot, or Hot Pot). Alternating layers of red meat, most usually sheep meat, thinly sliced potato, and onion, the top layer being of overlapping very thin potato rounds. Occasionally with a minor addition of other ingredients such as mushrooms. This vegan dish is tasty, hearty and cheap to make. For a quick and easy vegan or vegetarian meal - this is perfect.