Alleviate Self-crusting Tempeh and Silverbeet Quiche special. Smoky Tempeh Quiche with Eggplant Crust. No pastry is involved in this vegan quiche. Thick sturdy slices of eggplant are used to encase the filling in lieu of a crust.
This simple Self-Crusting Quiche will practically cook itself! Just mix up your ingredients into a casserole and set it to cook! This self-crusting quiche is made without any pastry and forms a lovely firm, outer crusty layer as it cooks away in the oven! You can steaming parch Self-crusting Tempeh and Silverbeet Quiche testing 11 receipt moreover 6 steps. Here you go do the trick.
instructions of Self-crusting Tempeh and Silverbeet Quiche
- a little 1 of large onion, chopped.
- add 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- then 1 tbsp of butter.
- add 4 of eggs.
- a little 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- use 1 cup of milk.
- also 1/2 cup of self-raising flour.
- also 1 block of tempeh.
- use 1 of large bunch of silverbeet.
- use 1 cup of grated cheese.
Serve with some tomato chutney for a delicious breakfast that the family will love! Self Crusting Quiche recipe: Try this Self Crusting Quiche recipe, or contribute your own. Self Crusting Zucchini Quiche Self Crusting Vegetable Quiche Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding Ham, Corn and Cheese Quiche. Especially when you need to make something quick and do not have pastry available, this self crusting quiche is perfect.
Self-crusting Tempeh and Silverbeet Quiche in succession
- Cook the onion and garlic in butter until tender..
- Add chopped silverbeet and cook until wilted. Cool..
- Stir in the eggs, salt & pepper and milk, and beat with fork until mixed..
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl containing the flour, and stir with a fork until just combined. Add the tempeh cut into 1 cm cubes, and cheese..
- Pour into a prepared 20-23cm dish. Optional - garnish with sliced tomato or thinly sliced red and green capsicum. Bake at 220°C for 20-30 minutes, until lightly browned and set in the centre..
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes after removing from the oven, before turning out..
For anyone who enjoys quiche but not the calories, here's an alternative. This is lovely cold or hot. Self-crusting quiches are made without pastry crusts but form their own fairly firm outer layers as they cook. For best results you need to remember these points Bake at a high temperature so the crust browns well. Seared pepper crusted kingfish, crisp silverbeet and anchovy mayonnaise.