Brand new Christmas Cake overstock. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries. Christmas cake is an English tradition that began as plum porridge. A traditional English Christmas Cake is made with rich, moist currants, sultanas (golden raisins).
Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake for the first time. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake. You get with it broiling mull Christmas Cake adopting 17 process than 8 including. Here is how you cook.
technique of Christmas Cake
- also 8 oz of butter.
- You need 8 oz of dark soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 8 oz of plain flour, sifted.
- also 1 teaspoon of allspice.
- then 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- use 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- then 2 tablespoons of black treacle.
- add 1 tablespoon of lemon or orange juice.
- then 8 oz of seedless raisins.
- give 12 oz of currants.
- then 8 oz of sultanas.
- use 4 oz of cut mixed peel.
- Prepare 3 oz of glace cherries, quartered, washed and dried.
- use of grated rind of 1 lemon.
- also of grated rind of 1 small orange.
- then 6-8 tablespoons of brandy (divided).
Originally, decorating a Christmas cake in this way was to preserve it and keep it moist. From the first layer that touches the cake — the apricot jam — to the last (the thick royal icing), the decorations do. Forget presents — we want these tasty Christmas cakes! From peppermint to gingerbread, these are the best Christmas cake recipes that encompass the best flavors of the holiday season.
Christmas Cake receipt
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, currants, sultanas, mixed peel, glace cherries and grated lemon and orange rind. Add 3-4 tablespoons brandy, stir well and leave to soak..
- Preheat the oven to 300 F..
- Grease and line an 8 inch round or 7 inch square deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, folding in a tablespoon of flour after each addition..
- Sift the remaining flour with spices and fold into the creamed mixture, using a large metal spoon. Then stir in the treacle and fruit juice..
- Add the brandy-soaked fruit mix to the cake mixture and stir until evenly blended, then turn into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface, make a small hollow in the center and tie a treble thickness of brown paper around the outside of the tin..
- Bake in the preheated cool oven for about 3.25-3.50 hours or until a warmed fine skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Leave the cake in the tin overnight to cool completely. Prick the surface all over with a fine skewer, then pour over the remaining 3-4 tablespoons brandy and allow to soak in. Remove the cake from the tin, wrap securely in foil and store in a cool dry place..
We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time. We've made lots of Christmas cake recipes over the years. From chocolate and cherry to gin and tea - here are our favourites. To make a Christmas cake, start by chopping almonds. Then mix the almonds with dried fruit and brandy and let it sit overnight.