Avoid Spam Musubi pre-owned.
You discharge steeping boil Spam Musubi practicing 24 prescription including 12 than. Here is how you realize.
instructions of Spam Musubi
- Prepare of teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- also 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- then 2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- This 3 tbsp of White sugar.
- use 1/4 tsp of Onion powder.
- a little 1/4 tsp of Ground ginger.
- add 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- also of assembly.
- give 1 can of Spam.
- add 1 1/2 cup of Short grain or jasmine rice.
- a little 1 packages of Sushi nori.
- a little 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- This 3 cup of Water.
- also 1 tbsp of thin sliced green onions.
- a little 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of Asian seasoning or similar salt free spice blend.
- Prepare of Tools.
- give 1 of muddler or similar utensil to press.
- give 1 packages of Clear plastic wrap.
- use 1 large of wisked egg.
- add 1 of sliced avacado.
Spam Musubi little by little
- Rinse rice thoroughly until the water runs clear. Add to sauce pan and cover with water using the "two finger" rule: 2 fingers of water deep over the rice. Add mirin and cook on low heat covered for about 20 minutes. Or use rice cooker..
- Mix all teriyaki sauce ingredients but the cornstarch in s small saucepan.
- Simmer over low-med heat meanwhile wisk cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water together..
- Add cornstarch to sauce and simmer reducing the sauce till thickened..
- Cut the sheets of nori length wise into 3rds. If you like less nori cut into 1/4s..
- Knock spam out from the can and cut into even 6ths. If you want less spam cut into 8ths. Save the can..
- Heat large skillet on med-high heat, add spam and sear each side. Add the teriyaki sauce to pan and saute spam for 5 min. to carmelize saving about 1/4 c. of sauce..
- Place a small bowl of water beside the rice along with a muddler or small utensil to press rice. Spoon small amount of rice into bottom of the spam can and press gently..
- Knock out the pressed rice from the can. Place the spam on top, a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, sprinkle sliced green onion, sesame seeds and seasoning. Repeat first step and top with another thin layer of rice. If you want less rice try only 1 layer..
- Place your rice and spam stack onto the middle dull side of the nori strip and wrap around till snug. Making sure to keep the shape..
- While still hot, wrap Masubi stack completely in clear plastic wrap till nice and snug. ENJOY!.
- OPTIONAL: Try these yummy variations- 1. Cook a thin layer of scrambled egg and cut with the can of spam to put inside for a breakfast version! 2. Cut sliced avacado to shape for a layer of avacado like in sushi!.