Deal with Omerice (Egg over Rice) on sale. Today's recipe is Omurice, or Japanese Omelette Rice. Japan's omurice, which also goes by the names omumeshi and omuraisu, is an addictive dish of fried rice with an omelette. It's surprisingly easy to make at home.
Over the years, the construction of Omurice has changed a lot from when I was a young child. How to make omurice (omelet rice) at home, thanks to a Japanese home cook's authentic recipe. Instead of the typical flat folded style you'd expect from a diner omelet, omurice eggs are scrambled, then blanketed over a fried rice filling. You take on grilling seethe Omerice (Egg over Rice) accepting 12 receipt moreover 6 also. Here is how you sew up.
technique of Omerice (Egg over Rice)
- This 4 of hotdogs.
- use 1 of small carrot.
- use 1 stalk of celery.
- give 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of minced garlic.
- add 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- give 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- add 1 TBSP of oyster sauce.
- also 1/2 TBS of sugar.
- a little 3 of large eggs.
- then of Salt and pepper.
- give of Oil for cooking.
Other than maybe pouring milk over cereal, tamago gohan (literally "egg rice")—rice mixed with a raw egg—was the very first recipe I learned, and it's Japanese comfort food at its simplest. When I was growing up in New York, my Japanese grandparents lived in the apartment one floor below us. Omurice, or Omuraisu as it's pronounced in Japan, is a portmanteau of "Omelette" and "Rice." As for the egg, classic styles of omurice were made into an oval shape and wrapped in a Although I almost always advocate using chicken thighs over breast meat. Omurice, a beloved staple of Japanese home cooking, is a linguistic and literal mash-up of omelet and rice.
Omerice (Egg over Rice) one at a time
- Dice all vegetables and hotdogs..
- In a bowl, crack 3 large eggs. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Whip it well. Set aside..
- Put frying pan on high heat. When pan is hot, put some oil, add all of the diced ingredients in and cook until onion is translucent. Make a well, add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well. Add rice. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- On another burner, put another frying pan on medium low heat. When pan is ready, put enough oil as for an omelette. Pour half of the eggs in. Put half of the stir fried rice in the middle. Wait until the border gets cooked, fold one side in, the ends in, and the last side in. Refer to pictures..
- Cover with a lid. Let it cook for another 2 minutes. When done, turn off heat, put plate on pan (picture). Hold plate with one hand, with the other hand holding the pan, turn the pan over onto the plate..
- And your omerice is rested on the plate. Drizzle with some ketchup. Lunch/dinner is ready..
A plain omelet cloaks Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan. Shake and swirl the pan over the heat, stirring constantly with chopsticks or a fork as the eggs. Bring a taste of Japan to your kitchen tonight with this Omurice recipe. This Japanese stir-fried rice with eggs features bacon, peppers, onions, soy sauce and more. Add a pop of color to your Omurice with a sprinkle of parsley and voila!