Bonus Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) coupon.
You prepare grilling panfry Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) applying 9 program along with 7 furthermore. Here is how you carry out.
prescription of Easy Castella Cake (poundcake)
- also 2/3 C (100 g) of cake flour.
- a little 2/3 C (100 g) of unsalted butter.
- give 2/3 C (100 g) of milk.
- This 4-6 of egg yolks.
- give 4-6 of egg whites.
- You need 2/3 C (100 g) of organic sugar.
- use 1-2 tsp of Dominican style vanilla*.
- Prepare of Dominican vanilla.
- also Can of be found in the Caribbean section in your supermarket.
Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) separately
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and place them both in separate bowls. Set aside..
- In a bowl, sift the cake flour. Also set aside. In a small pot place butter and milk and let it melt over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once you see a few bubbles on the sides turn off. Pour this over the cake flour (while warm) and whisk until smooth..
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until a smooth meringue is form. Soft peaks is a good sign of how far to whisk it. After doing this, combine the meringue with the cake batter and mix together well..
- Pre-heat oven to a low 305 F.
- In a baking pan (square is preferred) line it with wax paper (baking paper) on all sides. This will help the cake not stick to the pan and will make it easy to take out. Tap pan gently ontop of a kitchen towel to get air bubbles out. Since this is a pound cake made of mostly yolks, you will need to place the pan in a shallow baking tray and do a marybain (water bath) which means you have to place the pan in the tray and pour hot water gently to cover up to half way of the pan..
- Once you do this step, place the cake batter into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a tooth pick around 50 minute mark to see if it comes out clean..
- Tip: you can also bake this in your rice/slow cooker!!! Instead of a pan, oil your rice pot and pour batter. Cook it for 50 minutes. If it is still too light and a bit "wet" continue cooking for ten more minutes. Here is the third try this time in the rice cooker..